Explore new & established somatic movement methods for healing trauma.
Would you like to move with more freedom in your body, release “stuck” trauma, and liberate yourself from emotional distress?
If the body holds tension and anxiety about the past or future, it can block the flow of wisdom coming in the moment. By tuning in to your body’s innate sensations, you can open up space for healing and growth to emerge.
Deep healing requires us to release trauma and PTSD, and hold space for transformation and unity. Somatic movement is a rich, body-based, self-healing tradition that empowers you to become more aware of your body’s subtle guidance and inspiration.
The Somatic Movement Summit invites you to strengthen your connection to your body’s innate intelligence as a pathway to greater resilience, flexibility, and vitality. Whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or new to conscious movement, you’ll discover a wide range of somatic modalities to expand your awareness and inspire your healing journey.
You can practice powerful rejuvenation techniques during this highly experiential, one-of-a-kind event. Most sessions include 10 to 20 minutes of guided practice to help you connect to your body’s wisdom. Plus, each day will conclude with a 75-minute session featuring a full 30 to 45 minutes of experiential somatic movement practices.
If you’ve been operating in survival mode lately, applying somatic movement techniques can help you shift out of the fight-or-flight response, and foster deeper relaxation and vibrancy.
Through a variety of somatics modalities including Hanna SomaticsTM, Feldenkrais®, Body-Mind Centering®, Biodynamic Osteopathy, Continuum Montage, DancemeditationTM, Dynamic EmbodimentTM, Alexander TechniqueTM, and somatic psychology, you can practice alchemizing sensory overload, and embody a more grounded, balanced, way of living.
Free Online Event
Somatic Movement Summit
June 6–10, 2022
This powerful gathering will feature more than 35 of today’s highly sought-after somatic movement experts and teachers — including Lavinia Plonka, Paul Linden, PhD, Dr. Ruby Gibson, Eleanor Criswell Hanna, Mia Segal, Dr. Martha Eddy, Suresha Hill, Banafsheh Sayyad, Nikki Myers, Don Hanlon Johnson, PhD, Anat Baniel, and more.
They’ll be guiding you through simple somatic practices to move you from trauma, anxiety, fatigue, or depletion into easeful states infused with vitality and relaxed alertness.
This life-enhancing Somatic Movement Summit will reveal the medicinal art and power of embodied motion. I hope you’ll participate in this online gathering presented by The Shift Network. Prepare to be transformed!
During this groundbreaking 5-day event you’ll…
- Explore fluid movements to release tension and pain, and begin resetting your body
- Encounter “movement mantras” to clear overwhelming feelings, thoughts, and obligations
- Experience soothing somatic movement practices that help unwind trauma and balance the nervous system
- Learn scientifically proven ways to activate neuroplasticity and positive brain change
- Explore a wide range of new and established somatic movement methods, including Hanna SomaticsTM, Feldenkrais®, Body-Mind Centering®, Biodynamic Osteopathy, Continuum Montage, DancemeditationTM, Dynamic EmbodimentTM, Alexander TechniqueTM, and more
- Ignite your somatic intelligence to move from surviving to thriving
- Nourish your nervous system through centering and connective movement
- Cultivate inner peace through somatic self-regulation
- Understand how trauma is stored in the body, and discover effective and groundbreaking tools to resolve and integrate it
- Discover how embodied movement can help dissipate stress, anxiety, fear, and trauma
- Explore pathways to strengthen immunity, improve heart rate variability, and facilitate natural breathing
- Discover how somatic movement reactivates your energy, resilience, and freedom of movement for all ages and stages of life
- And much more…
Your body holds the keys to deep emotional healing, resilience, and balance. This life-enriching summit will help you awaken your somatic intelligence and discover new ways to release all that feels stuck inside you.
The Somatic Movement Summit experts will guide you through a variety of experiences over 5 days:
- Lavinia Plonka will guide you through a delicious movement process from the KINESATM lexicon that relaxes your spine, while connecting to your emotional center.
- Donn Brennan, Lisa Fisher, and Paul Linden, PhD, will host a panel on how to embody peacemaking to raise world consciousness.
- Eleanor Criswell Hanna, Brian Siddhartha Ingle, and Donn Brennan will look at how balancing the autonomic nervous system is key for embodying health.
- Dr. Ruby Gibson will teach the 5 Steps of Somatic Archaeology to consciously manifest your destiny.
- Mia Segal and Leora Gaster will share how to use self-monitoring to integrate thought and action, increasing more presence in your internal processes.
- Dr. Martha Eddy will discuss how tracking somatic sensation using the Dynamic Embodiment model reduces anxiety, numbness, and exhaustion.
- Suresha Hill will lead a practice on how to reset your body by using movement to release tension, pain, and strain.
- Banafsheh Sayyad will dive deep into exploring physicality as awareness to merge into the greater field of consciousness.
- Nikki Myers will walk you through a somatic experience to address addiction recovery.
- Don Hanlon Johnson, PhD, will show how to express your inner experiences to retain a connection to non-verbal insights.
- Anat Baniel will present scientifically proven ways to activate neuroplasticity and positive brain change.
- And much more…